This week, I’ll be using photos provided by Dawn Olsen. She recently visited the 30th and Meridian Station. I particularly like the one of the citizen laughing in the middle of the street. Human interactions like this will be more common in Indy after this project is finished.
Here’s the weekly IndyGo email:
- There will continue to be short-term lane restrictions at the College Avenue station locations this week to allow for station structures to be installed.Â Flaggers will direct traffic through around the work areas.
- 42ndÂ Street â€“ one lane closure May 23 for up to 3 hours
- 46thÂ Street â€“ one lane closure May 22 for up to 40 minutes
- 52ndÂ Street â€“ one lane closure May 24 for up to 40 minutes
- Pavement patching will begin on College Ave on or after May 20. Drivers should expect temporary lane restrictions at localized work areas as pavement sections are repaired.
- During the week of May 28, one-block segments of College Avenue will be closed adjacent to each station location to allow bus pads to be constructed. These closures will start at the 42nd Street station on or after May 28 and will continue north. One station area will be under construction each day. Closures will begin at approximately 7am and end by 8pm the same day.
- Beginning on or after May 19, traffic patterns will shift at theÂ 38thÂ and Meridian Street intersection. Construction activities will move to the east side of Meridian, south ofÂ 38thÂ Street, and traffic will be moved west of the work zone.
- Pavement patching will take place at locations along Meridian Street beginningÂ May 23.
- Night work will begin on or after May 20 for bus pad construction. Work will start at the 18thÂ Street intersection and proceed North toÂ 38thÂ Street.Â Each station area and adjacent intersection will be closed for one overnight and open the next morning by 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Starting on or after May 21, a half-block section of Walnut Street will be closed immediately east of Capitol Ave for up to 5 days. The Indianapolis Cultural Trail will remain open through this intersection. Walnut Street will remain open at Illinois and Muskingum Streets.
- Capitol Avenue will be resurfaced beginning on or after May 30. There will be intermittent lane closures and flaggers around paving crews. On-street parking will be restricted in work zones.Â One travel lane will remain open with flaggers assisting drivers
- Shelby Street is currently being resurfaced. Pavement markings will be installed once paving is complete. There will be intermittent lane closures, traffic restrictions, and flaggers directing traffic around pavingÂ and pavement striping crews. This work will continue through the end of theÂ week.
- Virginia Avenue will be resurfaced beginning on or after May 22. There will be intermittent lane closures and flaggers around paving crews. On-street parking will be restricted in work zones.Â One travel lane will remain open with flaggers assisting drivers, and the Indianapolis Cultural Trail will remain open. Work will take approximately one week.
- One lane will be temporarily restricted near each of the Virginia Avenue stations this week for concrete work on the platforms. Flaggers will be used to direct traffic through the remaining open lane and around the work zones. This will take place:
- At the Woodlawn Avenue stations on May 21
- At the Merrill Street stations on May 23
- At the New Jersey stations on May 29
- Signal modifications are underway at locations along Illinois Street. Traffic impacts are not expected, however, minor parking and sidewalk impacts could be necessary.
Washington Street and Maryland Street
- Crews will be placing pavement markings, resulting in short-term traffic impacts at: Washington Street from Capitol Ave. to Delaware St. on May 20 and 21
- Curb and sidewalk work will begin onÂ 30thÂ Street on or after May 20th, requiring some lane restrictions.
More information and a list of FAQâ€™s about the acceleration is posted on the IndyGo website:Â Â https://www.indygored.com/