Much of the major construction on the Red Line project is now wrapping up. I was able to take a few photos of the 52nd and College station last night, as well as the new pole and “No Left Turn” sign at 51st and College:
Additionally, Chris Corr sent some photos of the 54th and College station:
Here’s the IndyGo email for the week:
*Â PLEASE BE AWARE THAT “NO PARKING” SIGNS ARE ENFORCEABLE.
New traffic signals have been installed at multiple locations along the corridor and will become operational over the next few weeks.
College Avenue, Meridian Street, and Capitol Avenue have especially new configurations. If you live or work on those streets, be sure toÂ watch the videosÂ that pertain to you.Â Â
- Pavement markings are being installed on College Ave from 66th to 38th Streets. Work will occur mostly during the evening and overnight hours, from 7PM to 7AM. Please be alert for lane and parking restrictions and temporary traffic control measures.Â On-street parking will be restricted while parking spaces are being marked.
Median will be installed on College Avenue starting this week.Â Please be alert for lane and parking restrictions and temporary traffic control measures. The installed curb will restrict left turns at all non-signalized intersections.
Traffic signal loops will be installed at signalized intersections this week. Please be alert for temporary traffic restrictions and traffic control measures around work areas.
Washington, Delaware, and 18th StreetsÂ
- Pavement markings are being installed on Washington, Delaware and 18thÂ Streets this week. Work will occur mostly during the evening and overnight hours (7 PM – 7 AM). Please be alert for on-street parking and lane restrictions.Â Segments of work are:
- Washington Street from Delaware Street to Capitol Avenue
- Delaware Street from Maryland Street to Washington Street
- 18thÂ Street from Capitol Avenue to Meridian Street
- Pavement markings are being installed on Capitol Avenue between 18th and Washington Streets. Work will occur mostly during the evening and overnight hours (7 PM – 7 AM). Please be alert for on-street parking and lane restrictions.
- Pavement resurfacing is occurring on Meridian Street. Temporary on-street parking and traffic restrictions will be required in work areas over the next several weeks.Â Drivers should expect to encounter temporary traffic controls and/or lane closures. At times, drivers may be diverted off Meridian Street.Â
- Final concrete surfaces will be placed at the Meridian Street station platforms over the next two weeks, requiring short term lane closures on Meridian Street. Work is scheduled at the 34thÂ and 38th Street stations this week.
- Short-term lane closures will be necessary adjacent to each Virginia Avenue station area this week. Work will occur on or after Monday, July 15.
More information and a list of FAQâ€™s about the acceleration is posted on the IndyGo website:Â Â https://www.indygored.com/