After passing the referendum in Indianapolis with relative ease, the mass transit issue now moves to the City-County Council, which is first introduced tonight at 7 pm @ the City County Building. Here is the tentative schedule:
- 1/9–Introduced at council meeting and assigned to Rules & Public Policy Committee (7pm Assembly Room)
- 1/30Â at 7pm for public testimony to the whole council
- 2/1–hearing at Municipal Corporation Committee (5:30pm Room 260)
- 2/21–official advertised public hearing and vote by Rules Committee (5:30pm Room 260)
- 2/27–full council votes on final adoption (7pm Assembly Room)
Transit Drives Indy is requesting that the largest presence should be felt on January 23rd and February 21st. Of course, any meeting would be a good one for supporters of transit to attend. If all goes well, Indy Connect might finally have a funding mechanism in place within the next 2 months.