A few tidbits:
- There’s now a large sign for the Uptown Development at 50th and College. The sign features a rendering that is quite different for the one on the web page. The building looks to be a solid two-story structure. I still don’t know how I feel about this particular project. The sign also mentioning striving for LEED, which is interesting, because I’m not sure how “green” it is to take out 3 houses that were designed to last the ages. But, of course, I’m also pro-density and walkability. If this was a corner building at 49th and College that would remove the empty convenience store, I think you would see a full-throated endorsement.
- In the Urban Times newsletter, the SEND headquarters has a grant to install a green roof on their headquarters.
- Urbanophile digs up an oldie but a goodie. Back in 1997, I was a Junior in college and didn’t even think about this kind of stuff.
- Worth Your Attention runs down some good places to shop local. Sadly, if you’re buying for a male, it’s not easy, at least in this city. What may be the best option for a male? A gift card from Goose, The Market.
- I’m eating tonight at Restaurant Tallent in Bloomington, which features a good deal of locally sourced items. I’m pretty excited about this.
EDITED: Â here’s the link to the project at 49th and College.