This article on the Star is yet another example of our misplaced priorities with regards to zoning. Let’s go down a quick list of why this is ridiculous to fight:
- Gives Eastside residents a much-needed place to work.
- Helps the city’s tax base.
- A green business that can be called on as a future asset.
- The abandoned factories and warehouses in the area dwarf the size and scope of Cornett’s planned expansion.
- They are good neighbors. Google Street View actually has evidence of this. Notice the change in the building: Before, and After.
The good news is that Cornett has desire and perhaps financial incentive to stay if possible. We must make it possible for his business to stay in Indianapolis.