Last year I posted about our CSA, Basic Roots, which delivers to our door once a month. I figured it was time for another update. This one features quite a bit more produce than the last one. Pictured above are:
- 6 eggs from Robin’s Nest in Camby
- Spaghetti squash
- 2 ears of corn from Waterman’s Farm in Indy
- Watermelon from Simmon’s Winery in Columbus
- One Jalapeno
- Plums from Anderson Orchard in Mooresville
- A variety of Tomatos
- Rainbow Bell Peppers
- Garlic from Rush County
- Lemon Cucumbers (named for their color and not their taste).
- Slender eggplants
- A coupon for lunch at the Earth House.
- And fun recipes for ideas on how to use the items.
We are lucky to be able to recieve this bounty. If you are considering joining a CSA, I would recommend it.