Time to indulge in a Strange Maps-style posting. As a life-long map geek, this map from the Skyscraper City forum was quite exciting to me. The map does not mention which mode of transport this is, so that is left to the reader. I’m going with a subway, because I can’t imagine something of this scale above the ground.
- Union Station is not the hub, in fact, there is no true hub. Perhaps the four main downtown stations suggests that that loop will connect with a bus route similar to the sadly defunct blue line.
- The light gray and mustard yellow routes would probably not attract much ridership.
- “James A Allison Memorial Stadium“. I had to look up who that was, but it makes sense. I did figure it had something to do with Allison Transmissions. It looks like this map predates the naming of the LOS.
- If I could take a train to the racetrack, I might actually attend the 500 one of these years. I’m actually considering riding a bicycle there, which defies a normal person’s logic, but makes perfect sense to me.
- Connecting IUPUI to Broad Ripple on a single line is a stroke of genius.
- Who needs more lanes on 465?