Back from a bachelor party road trip to Memphis. A good time was had by all. I liked that Memphis’ Main Street was restricted to trolleys and pedestrians. Their downtown was more pedestrian friendly than Indy, as the streets were narrower and sidewalks were wider. There weren’t a lot of people out and about, however, which makes me wonder if anyone actually lives there. I did not see much of a bicycle presence or infrastructure.
Some stuff I missed:
- A new mixed-use proposal by Buckingham north of the Stokely building on Meridian.
- Chatham Center is planned to begin construction next month.
- Oil is now brushing $120 a barrel, a height that was unthinkable just a year ago. Our current national plan to deal with this is….what, exactly?
- IPL is developing a wind farm in Benton County. It is expected to be operational by next year.
- A good number of farmer’s markets will start in the next week.