A few updates:
- The renewable energy bill in the State Legislature has been rejected. The bill’s sponsor, Rep. David Crooks, refused to make concessions to the coal industry.
- A sizable project at 49th and College has been approved. I have mixed feelings about this, as the property has two four-squares and a bungalow that would be removed, as well as several mature trees. However, at least it doesn’t hide behind a parking lot, and I like the density. I have not seen a recent rendering, as they have actually added another story to the building.
- Construction on the Cosmopolitan on the Canal is underway. It looks like a really nice building that will hopefully boost that area.
- Article about high-speed rail in Indiana. It still sounds like it’s a long way from reality.
- This year’s Carfree Cities conference is in Portland, Oregon, which is the first time it will be held on U.S. soil. I’m thinking of attending. I wonder how long it would take to get there by train? A week? UPDATE: Looked at the AMTRAK site, and there’s actually a train from Chicago to Portland that takes only 2 days. Hmmm….